Often, when you begin to feel overwhelmed and tired it is your body’s way of signaling to you that your routines have become hurried and energy depleting. This is a wake- up call that you need to make changes in your life to regain positive energy and live a more passionate life.
When you become energy depleted you may find yourself feeling tired all the time even though you feel you are getting enough sleep, possibly depressed, and your motivation begins to fall off. It’s hard to stay inspired, too. There are essentially seven steps you can do to see that you live a more positive and balanced life. This will help you regain your zest for life and become a more vibrant you. How does your daily routine measure to these life essentials?
- Breathing – take a moment to focus on how you are breathing. Just be aware of the pattern. Is it long and deep or shallow and short? Taking long deep breaths will help to “tell” your nervous system to just calm down. Fight or flight has no chance with slow rhythmic breathing.
- Water – Did you know that by the time you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated? You should be drinking about half your body weight in water per day to stay fully hydrated. You are made up of about 60% water and 73% of that water is for your brain and heart so what better way to have clearer thought than to give your brain the water it needs.
- Food – this is a topic that can have several of its own blogs however the most important is to keep your body in alkalized state (pH of at least 7) to help all your body systems to function at their optimum state. Choosing clean sources of food and water and keeping up with your veggies is paramount.
- Rest and Relaxation (R&R) – This is not just about quantity of sleep but quality and if you are in a state of constant stress, your body never fully shuts down enough to get good quality. When was the last time you just took a few hours to sit outside with a good book or had a picnic with friends and family? 20 Minutes per day of sunshine will help you produce the Vitamin D needed to help you get better quality and quantity of sleep.
- Movement – yes, moving your body even if in short bursts like parking farther away from the store entrance or using steps whenever available will help you to increase your happy endorphins and decrease the stress ones so that you can relax. Of course a more focused intent like lifting weights, yoga or even a stroll outside will give you even more benefits.
- Spiritual – Tending to spiritual matters means different things to different people. If you are taking the time daily with meditation, prayer, journaling or even gardening this will help you to stay connected to your source of inspiration.
- Knowledge – Learning something new can be very powerful and set you towards a new passion. There is power in positive thinking, which raises your vibration. This allows you to tend to all of the other 6 essentials above. “Every thought is a silent prayer and every prayer is answered.” Dr. M.T Morter
- Stress is an outward symbol that you are in need of making changes in your life. By looking at your daily routines in all the areas listed here and making even the littlest of changes in each you will begin the process of creating new behaviors that will help you live a more energized and positive life and find that zest once again!